The Future Looks Delicious - Announcing 10 Year Growth Strategy
On Thursday 19 May we announced our commitment to delighting generations of chocolate lovers with a strong 10-year growth strategy.
We will be joining several high-profile food and drink manufacturing businesses in Salisbury South, South Australia with the recent purchase of 3.6 hectares at the Nexus North development next to the Chidda station on the Gawler railway line.
The site will provide for the future needs of our business including 9000m2 to house new production lines and 6000m2 for online fulfilment and warehousing. This will see an increase in production capacity of chocolate and support growth of our online business as well as new retail stores.
Planning and development of the project is scheduled to commence in coming months.
We want to ensure that we can continue to deliver our great tasting chocolate to more Australians alongside our memorable in-store experience as well as supporting a strong online offering.
In recent years there has certainly been strong demand for online purchases. We want to continue to meet that demand as efficiently as possible to ensure a seamless shopping experience for our customers.
The 10-year strategy will:
- Double capacity for tonnes of bean-to-bar chocolate made each year
- Grow the number of retail stores across the country
- Significantly grow online and corporate sales
- Create employment opportunities within the warehouse, chocolate processing, online fulfillment areas and new retail stores
- Maintain its Greenhill Road head office, retail sites and Mile End based cocoa bean processing facility