Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
- 200g softened unsalted butter, diced
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups (250g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa, sifted
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 200g crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 200g Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Pastilles, melted
- 200g Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Pastilles, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 200g Haigh’s Dessert Chocolate Block, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (170g) icing sugar
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 12-hole standard muffin pan with paper cases.
- Using an electric stand mixer with a balloon whisk, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Add flour, cocoa and baking powder, stirring gently until combined.
- Add crème fraiche and milk, stirring until mixture is well combined. Add melted chocolate, stirring gently to combine.
- Evenly divide mixture between paper cases and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out of the centre clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Haigh’s Chocolate Ganache or Haigh’s Chocolate Buttercream
- Place Haigh’s chocolate in a medium mixing bowl. Heat cream in a small saucepan over a medium heat, bring to just below boiling point. Pour over chocolate and gently stir to combine. Leave to stand for several minutes before stirring again.
- Repeat process until chocolate has melted, making sure mixture is not over stirred.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour, to firm up enough to spread or pipe.
- Combine chocolate and cream together in a small mixing bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Using a stand mixer with a balloon whisk attachment, beat butter and icing sugar together until light and creamy. Slowly add cooled chocolate mixture, beating until light and fluffy.
- Set aside until required.