Haigh's Chocolate Crackle Cookies
EASY 30SERVES 90MIN PREP 10-12MINCOOKING
- 100g Haigh’s 70% Dark Chocolate Pastilles
- 100g unsalted butter softened
- 150g brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 175g self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½-2 tablespoons of icing sugar
- Put chocolate pastilles into large heat-proof bowl and melt gently in the microwave on low heat.
- Stir butter into melted chocolate until completely smooth, then stir in sugar. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat egg with vanilla until combined, then add to the chocolate mixture.
- Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cover with cling wrap and chill for approximately 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Divide the dough into 30 even-sized pieces and roll into balls. Roll balls in icing sugar one at a time to coat.
- Set balls on greased baking tray, spacing well apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10 minutes for a softer cookie or 12 minutes for a crunchy result.
- Place on wire rack to cool and then enjoy!