At Haigh’s we’re very proud to be the oldest family-owned chocolate maker in Australia. Today the company is run by the fourth generation of the Haigh's family and we employ over 850 people throughout our factory, administration, online and 21 retail stores located across Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra.
Our Chocolate Making
Over the century that we have been in business some things have changed, yet many remain the same. Our traditions, quality and passion for chocolate making continue. We still use only the very best, freshest ingredients and pride ourselves on being chocolate 'bean to bar' specialists. We are committed to the art of premium chocolate making from cocoa beans sourced from plantations around the world. Roasting our own cocoa beans enables us to develop our own unique blends of premium milk and dark chocolate with distinct aroma, texture and flavour.
Our cooking processes are unique. Our factory teams use meticulous artisan skills combined with the latest in modern manufacturing, high levels of training, equipment and techniques to create chocolates that look and taste delicious. Many of our chocolates continue to be hand-made and finished.
Each year our team of confectioners work to create new recipes and perhaps fine-tune old favourites to ensure we continue to offer our customers a diverse selection of the most delectable chocolates. There is something for everyone with a choice of over 250 varieties from chocolate frogs to gift boxes of hand-dipped truffles. Read more about our chocolate making here.
Our customer experience
Our aim is to ensure the Haigh’s customer experience is one of quality. Visit any one of our stores and you’ll find that chocolate tasting, gift wrapping and personalised attention is all part of the service.
Today we have 21 retail stores. Seven stores in Adelaide including the historic Beehive Corner, six in Melbourne including a store within the beautiful heritage listed Block Arcade, six in Sydney including our newest store in Castle Towers and Monaro Mall, Canberra Centre in our nation's capital. Our products are also available to purchase online.
Parkside, just outside the city centre of Adelaide, is where you’ll also find our Visitor Centre. Here you are welcome to take a self-guided factory viewing tour to learn the history of Haigh's and see first-hand look how we make our chocolates from cocoa beans sourced from plantations around the world.
To delight generations of chocolate lovers.
- We thrive as a team by embracing everyone's efforts
- We are proud of the culture we've cultivated - one that values collaboration, embraces growth, and empowers every individual
- Together, we thrive as a united team, respectful of our heritage but focused on our future
- We aspire for excellence and are ready to face the challenges and change that are before us
- Striving for excellence is a way of life for us. We care deeply about the impact of our actions, and we approach each task with a solution-focused mindset
- We take pride in celebrating each team member's success and enjoying the journey together
- We believe in the power of honest and transparent communication, where respect and authenticity is the basis of every interaction
- We foster an environment where it is safe to be vulnerable
- Through genuine respect, authentic communication, and unwavering honesty, we create a foundation of trust that enables us to reach new heights together