Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
- 2/3 cup (100g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- ¼ cup (30g) almond meal
- ¼ cup (55g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (25g) quality cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt flakes
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 extra-large free range eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75g Haigh’s Milk Pastilles*, chopped into chunks
- jersey cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve
For the Sauce
- 2/3 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (25g) cocoa
- 1½ cups (375ml) boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and lightly grease six 1 cup (250ml) oven proof dishes and place on a baking tray.
- For pudding, combine flour, almond meal, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl, stirring until well combined.
- In a large jug combine melted butter, eggs, milk and vanilla, whisking until well combined. Add to flour mixture, stirring until batter is smooth and well combined. Add chopped chocolate, stirring until just combined.
- Evenly divide mixture between the 6 prepared baking dishes.
- For sauce, combine the sugar and cocoa together in a small mixing bowl, stirring until well combined. Sprinkle mixture over the top of 6 puddings and pour ¼ cup (60ml) boiling water over top of each pudding. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until tops have risen and become cake like in appearance.
- Serve immediately with thickened cream or vanilla ice-cream.
NOTES: *to add extra flavour, try using Haigh’s flavoured pastilles instead of the plain (eg. peppermint, orange, coffee.)