Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
Haigh's Chocolate Fondant
Chocolate Fondants are a perfect winter dessert. Create this decadent, rich and delicious dessert with our 70% Cocoa Pastilles.
- 150g Haigh’s 70% Dark Chocolate Pastilles, roughly chopped
- 150g unsalted butter + extra for greasing, cut into dice
- 200g light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour, sifted
- cocoa powder, to dust
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Butter the inside of 6 dariole moulds or ramekins.
- Place butter and chocolate together in a medium mixing bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. Add sugar, stirring to combine and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, yolk and vanilla together, stirring until combined. Add to chocolate mixture, stirring until well combined. Sift the flour over chocolate mixture, stirring until well combined. Divide mixture between prepared dariole moulds, making sure each mould is no more than 2/3 full.
- Place dariole moulds in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes or until tops are set and coming away from the moulds. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 1 minute.
- To serve use a small spatula and very gently ease the fondant away from the edge of the mould. Carefully invert onto small serving plates and dust with cocoa powder. Serve with a dollop of jersey cream and fresh raspberries.