Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
- 1 cup (150g) gluten free plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) ground almonds
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (110g) raw sugar
- 2/3 cup (160g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 40g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 2 1/4 cups (360g) icing sugar
- 150g Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Peppermint Pastilles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm slice tin and line with baking paper.
- For the base, combine flour, cocoa, almonds, coconut and sugar together in a medium size mixing bowl, stirring until well combined. Add melted butter, stirring with a wooden spoon until mixture is well combined. Spoon mixture into prepared tin and press it down flat to create an even base. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until top begins to golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For the filling, combine milk and butter together in a small saucepan and place over a low heat, until butter melts. Add essence, stirring to combine. Place icing sugar in a medium mixing bowl, add milk mixture, stirring until smooth and well combined. Pour over cooled base and place in refrigerator for 1 hour to cool.
- For the topping, pour boiling water into a small saucepan off the heat, about a third full and sit a small bowl on top, making sure the bottom does not touch the water. Add chocolate pastilles, stirring occasionally until chocolate melts. Remove from heat and add oil, stirring to combine. Pour over cooled filling and place in refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
- Use a hot knife to cut slice into pieces.