Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
- 150g Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Pastilles
- 250g softened unsalted butter, diced
- ½ cup (140g) crunchy natural peanut butter
- 1 cup (220g) dark brown sugar
- ½ cup (110g) raw caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- ½ cup (50g) good quality cocoa
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- ½ teaspoon salt flakes
- ½ cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Lightly grease 2 baking trays and line with baking paper.
- Pour boiling water into a small saucepan off the heat, about a third full and sit a small bowl on top. Add chocolate pastilles and stir occasionally, until chocolate melts. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cream butter, peanut butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined. Add flour, cocoa, bicarbonate soda and salt, mixing until well combined. Add cooled melted chocolate and gently stir until combined. Fold in salted peanuts until just combined.
- Using a spring loaded ice cream scoop with a 5.5cm diameter, place 10 scoops on each baking tray 5cm apart.
- Place baking trays in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, to chill the mixture. This is very important so the brookies hold their shape and achieve a brownie texture in the middle, otherwise they will spread to flat biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Place chilled baking trays in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow brookies to cool on trays.