Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
Peanut butter shortbread
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 75g salted crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup raw caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 125g salted butter, diced
- 2 x 395g tins condensed milk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) golden syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt flakes
- 200g Haigh’s Couverture Dark Chocolate
- ¼ cup thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and lightly grease an 21cm square tin and line with baking paper.
- For shortbread, beat butter, peanut butter and sugar together, using electric beaters, until light and fluffy. Carefully fold in flours, stirring with a wooden spoon until mixture is well combined.
- Spread mixture into the base of the prepared tin, pressing it down firmly to smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For caramel filling, combine butter, condensed milk, golden syrup and salt together, stirring continuously until butter melts. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour caramel sauce over the cooled shortbread base and place in oven for 15 minutes or until caramel sets and becomes golden. Remove from oven and cool before chilling completely in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- For the ganache, combine chocolate and cream together in a small bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate melts. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Pour over chilled caramel, smoothing top with a spatula. Allow chocolate to set before cutting into 24 pieces.