Haigh's Festive Florentine Biscuits
EASY 32 SERVES 45MIN CHILLING PREP 15MIN COOKING
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50g) chopped glace cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) chopped dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup (40g) candied peel
- 1/2 cup (70g) pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 1 cup (160g) crushed cornflakes
- 395g tin condensed milk
- 150g Haigh’s dark chocolate pastilles
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Lightly grease 2 oven trays and line with baking paper.
- Combine cherries, apricots, blueberries, peel, pistachios, coconut and cornflakes together in a large mixing bowl, stirring until combined.
- Add condensed milk to fruit and nut mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Place heaped tablespoons of mixture into the centre of 7cm round biscuit cutters or egg rings, pressing mixture down to create disks. Allow 3cm gaps for biscuits to spread. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Leave on trays to cool for 5 minutes before carefully lifting off with a spatula.
- To melt chocolate, pour boiling water into a small saucepan, about a third full and sit a small bowl on top. Add Haigh’s dark chocolate pastilles and stir occasionally, until chocolate melts.
- Using a spatula evenly spread chocolate on flat side of biscuit. Using a fork zigzag through the chocolate to decorate. Allow chocolate to set before storing in airtight containers.