Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
NEW Haigh's Festive Chocolate Salami
This decadent after dinner sweet is full of rich Christmas flavours of brandy, dried fruits, almond and of course our rich dark chocolate. Best of all this recipe makes 6 so it's also a great edible gift. Best enjoyed the day after making or consume within a week.
- 440g Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Pastilles, chopped
- 330g unsalted butter
- ¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 large eggs
- 200g Amaretti biscuits, crushed
- ½ cup (70g) slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ cup (70g) pistachios, toasted
- 1/3 cup (50g) dried pear, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (45g) dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 70g dried blueberries
- 1 tablespoon glace ginger, chopped
- ¼ cup (40g) icing sugar
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl over a pot of water that has just come to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir occasionally until melted. Remove bowl from pot of hot water and allow to cool.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter, sugar, zest and spice together until pale and fluffy. Add brandy, beating until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined.
- Add cooled melted chocolate to butter mixture, stirring until mixture is smooth and combined.
- Add crushed Amaretti biscuits, toasted almonds, pistachios, pear, berries and ginger, stirring until well coated in the chocolate mixture. Using a 1 cup measure, scoop mixture and place on a sheet of plastic wrap. Shape into a sausage and wrap up tightly in the plastic wrap. Repeat this process five times. Place prepared sausages in refrigerator for 4 hours, preferably overnight to become firm.
- Once set dust with icing sugar, tie with butcher’s string and wrap in clear cellophane as an edible gift.