Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (50g) dutch cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (220g) dark brown sugar
- 100g Haigh’s Milk Chocolate Pastilles, quartered
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- ¾ cup (180g) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons espresso instant coffee
- ½ cup (125ml) canola oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and line a 12-hole (1/3 cup capacity) muffin pan with paper cases.
- In a large mixing bowl place flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, sugar and chocolate together, stirring until combined.
- In a large jug, combine eggs, buttermilk, sour cream, vanilla, coffee and oil, whisking until well combined. Pour over the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix, the batter should be thick and lumpy.
- Evenly divide mixture between prepared muffin cases and place muffin pan in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until muffins are cooked through.