Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal plain flour
- 1 cup (220g) light brown sugar
- ¾ cup (60g) shredded coconut
- ½ cup (60g) pecan nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons glacé ginger, chopped
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped into cubes
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 65g Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Pastilles
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and line 2 x baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, coconut, pecan nuts and ginger together, stirring until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine bicarbonate of soda and water together, stirring until bicarb dissolves.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and golden syrup together over a medium heat, stirring until butter has melted. Bring to the boil. Add the bicarb mixture, stirring to combine, until mixture froths up the sides of the pan and remove from heat. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Place tablespoons of mixture, rolled into balls on prepared baking trays, about 5cm apart. Using a spoon gently flatten each ball of dough slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes for chewy biscuits and 20 minutes for crunchy biscuits.
- Place a Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Pastille in the centre of each biscuit, for the final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from oven and allow biscuits to cool on trays.