Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
- 300g Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Couverture
- 100g Haigh’s Milk Coffee Pastilles or 100g Haigh’s Milk Coffee Tablet
- 500ml pouring custard
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 50g icing sugar
- 400ml strong black coffee cooled
- 100ml coffee liqueur (optional)
- 250ml cream, whipped
- 500g Italian sponge cake fingers
- Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Couverture, grated to serve
- Line an 18cm x 28cm dish with baking paper extending 3cm above edges.
- Melt the dark and milk coffee chocolate together in a large bowl. Warm the custard in a saucepan over a low heat and stir into the melted chocolate until combined and smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk together the mascarpone and icing sugar in a large bowl until combined. Mix together the coffee and coffee liqueur. Gradually beat 2 tablespoons of coffee/liqueur mixture into the mascarpone mixture, then fold through the whipped cream.
- Pour remaining coffee mixture into a shallow bowl and dip each sponge finger into mixture. Layer soaked sponge fingers into prepared dish to cover the bottom. Spread a layer of the mascarpone mixture and then a chocolate custard layer. Repeat with layer of soaked sponge fingers then chocolate custard mixture finishing with remaining mascarpone. Chill until required.
- To serve, cut into squares and sprinkle with grated chocolate on the top.