Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
Haigh's Chocolate Crackle Cookies
A recipe that’s deliciously dark and rich yet easy to make. Our 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Pastilles work best with this recipe, because the higher cocoa content gives a delicious crunchy result. Rolling the dough in icing sugar just before baking makes the surface of the cookies crackle as they cook.
- 100g Haigh’s 70% Dark Chocolate Pastilles
- 100g unsalted butter softened
- 150g brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 175g self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½-2 tablespoons of icing sugar
- Put chocolate pastilles into large heat-proof bowl and melt gently in the microwave on low heat.
- Stir butter into melted chocolate until completely smooth, then stir in sugar. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat egg with vanilla until combined, then add to the chocolate mixture.
- Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cover with cling wrap and chill for approximately 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Divide the dough into 30 even-sized pieces and roll into balls. Roll balls in icing sugar one at a time to coat.
- Set balls on greased baking tray, spacing well apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10 minutes for a softer cookie or 12 minutes for a crunchy result.
- Place on wire rack to cool and then enjoy!