Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
Haigh’s Basic Chocolate Cake
This delicious chocolate cake is easy to make and has a wonderful rich chocolate flavour with the addition of Haigh's 70% Cocoa Dark Pastilles. It can be decorated with a chocolate ganache to create a delicious birthday or celebration cake.
- 200g Haigh’s 70% Dark Chocolate Pastilles
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g self-raising flour, sifted
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced) and lightly grease a lamington pan (23cm x 33cm) and line with baking paper.
- Place pastilles in a mixing bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove mixing bowl from heat and allow chocolate to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the flour to the egg mixture and using a large metal spoon gently fold into mixture. Add cooled chocolate and again fold to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out of the centre clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes, before turning onto a wire rack to cool.