Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
Information for Students
- What information is available for my school project?
- We encourage students to use this website to gather information about Haigh's Chocolates as a company and about how we make chocolate from the cocoa bean. Our YouTube channel contains videos that provide further information about our business and in-store a range of brochures about Haigh's is available free of charge. As you can appreciate some information is commercially sensitive and confidential and therefore is not available to the public. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to specific questions from students.
- How do you make chocolate?
- The chocolate making process involves many steps. At Haigh's it begins with sourcing premium cocoa beans from around the world and bringing them to Adelaide, South Australia for roasting and chocolate production. For a full description of the chocolate making process, including photographs click here. Or click here to view short videos on how we make our award winning chocolates.
- Where are Haigh's chocolates made?
- Haigh's Chocolates proudly make chocolate in Adelaide, South Australia at two sites located on the city fringe. You can view the making of our chocolates at the Parkside factory and Visitor Centre. Click here to book a factory viewing tour.
- What is UTZ Certified?
- UTZ Certified stands for sustainable farming of coffee, cocoa and tea with better opportunities for farmers, their families and our planet. The UTZ program enables farmers to learn better farming methods, improve working conditions and take better care of the environment. For more information about UTZ and Haigh's Chocolates click here.