Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
- Is Haigh's Chocolates cocoa certified?
Australia does not have a viable cocoa growing industry. We therefore import premium priced, raw high-quality cocoa beans from countries around the world such as South America, Africa and the Pacific region, then roast and blend them locally, guaranteeing our high-quality chocolate production.
Where possible we source ingredients such as sugar, milk powder and dried fruit and nuts from within Australia and in support of Australian producers.
Haigh’s is proud to be the first Australian-owned bean-to-bar chocolate manufacturer to have achieved UTZ certification. 80% of the cocoa we source from around the world is now UTZ Certified. Our aim is to achieve purchasing 100% of our cocoa as UTZ Certified within the next two to three years.
UTZ (pronounced ootz) stands for sustainable farming and better opportunities for farmers, their families and our planet. The UTZ program enables farmers to learn better farming methods, improve working conditions and take better care of their children and the environment. Through the UTZ program farmers grow better crops, generate more income and create better opportunities while safeguarding the environment and securing the earth’s natural resources.
Read more about our Sustainability practices and UTZ Certified here.
- Why can chocolate turn white?
- If chocolate is exposed to temperature fluctuations, the chocolate may appear white due to the fats rising to the surface of the chocolate. The chocolate is still edible, but the quality and texture will be affected.
- Do you sell sugar free chocolate?
- We currently sell imported milk and dark sugar free chocolate bars only in our stores. They are located in various locations in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra. Find your nearest store location here.
- What is compound chocolate?
- Compound chocolate is not classed as chocolate as it contains added vegetable fats and cocoa powder and often includes other additives. It can leave a very greasy feel on the palate and lacks the full and complex flavours found in real chocolate. We do not use compound chocolate.
- Can I choose a specific product colour from a seasonal range?
- Products and packaging are available while stocks last. We reserve the right to supply similar packaging and / or product. Some seasonal range colours shown are indicative of the foil colours you will receive.