Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
- Are any of your products gluten free?
- The majority of our products are categorised as gluten free. A list of gluten free products can be collated on this website; simply click on the Free of Gluten filter button when you are looking at our selection of chocolates. You may also check the status on an individual product by referring to its product information as listed on this website. Click here to search for the product. Alternatively ask one of our team members in store.
- Do you use palm oil in your products?
- No, there is no palm oil in any Haigh's chocolate products. Haigh’s manufacture chocolate with pure cocoa and cocoa butter for natural flavours. No added fats are used in the making of any Haigh’s chocolate.
- Do your products contain soy?
- All Haigh's chocolates contain GM free soy lecithin as it is used as an emulsifier.
- Do your products contain alcohol?
- The majority of our products do not contain alcohol. If a chocolate does contain alcohol it will be listed in its ingredients list. Click here to search for the product you are enquiring about.
- Are any of your chocolates dairy free?
- No, not completely as our dark chocolate products are made on the same machinery as milk. Our plain dark chocolate products may have milk present.
- Are any of your products vegan?
- Our plain dark chocolate products do not contain any animal based ingredients however, milk may be present as they are made on the same machinery as milk. Some products with inclusions contain animal based ingredients such as eggs, gelatine and honey and these will be listed in the ingredients for the particular product. Click here to search for the product you are enquiring about.
- Are any of your products nut free?
- Not entirely - traces of nuts may be present in our products.
- Which of your products contain eggs?
- The majority of our products are egg free. A list of egg free products can be collated on this website, simply click on the Free of Egg filter button when you are looking at our selection of chocolates.
- Does the best chocolate have the highest cocoa content?
- Not necessarily. The key to producing premium quality chocolate is to achieve a balance of flavours and fine textures from the cocoa beans and the manufacturing process. Very high cocoa content can in fact make chocolate quite unpalatable. Years of manufacturing experience and a commitment to using only the finest quality cocoa beans and employing traditional manufacturing techniques, enables Haigh’s to continue producing a well-balanced, award winning chocolate.
- What is invertase?
- Invertase is added to our cream and liqueur centres - it is a natural enzyme that breaks down the sugar in the creams and fondant to invert sugar. This allows the centres to flow after a period of 2-3 weeks.
- What is your gelatine made from?
- The gelatine we use is animal based (bovine).
- Are your products Halal Certified?
- Are your products Kosher?