Discover the history of Haigh's, founded on May 1st 1915 by Alfred E Haigh in Adelaide, South Australia.
We are Australia's oldest family-owned chocolate maker making fine chocolates from the cocoa bean since 1915.
We are a proud supporter of a number of community projects and environmental causes including UTZ and the Bilby.
At Haigh’s Chocolates we have a longstanding commitment to support the community through a number of key activities such as sponsorship, donations, fundraising and partnerships.
Keep up with the latest happenings at Haigh's. Learn about our latest product releases, news, special promotions and competitions.
We offer exciting career opportunities across Manufacturing, Retail and Corporate areas of our business; discover current opportunities including seasonal work.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) buttermilk
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoons vanilla bean paste
- 100g Haigh’s dark chocolate pastilles, roughly chopped
- 2 small bananas, peeled and chopped
- 2 x 125g punnets blueberries
- maple syrup, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 120°C (100°C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs until frothy. Add flour, sugar, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla. Gently beat the mixture until flour has been incorporated and mixture is smooth. Carefully fold in the chopped chocolate, half the banana and half the blueberries until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Lightly grease the frying pan with spray oil.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure ladle the batter into the centre of the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface and the batter is set. Using a spatula, carefully flip pancake and cook until golden brown about 2 minutes.
- Transfer pancakes to prepared baking tray and place in preheated oven, to keep warm whilst cooking the remaining pancakes.
- Serve warm pancakes with remaining banana and blueberries, drizzled with maple syrup.