Spiced Chocolate Mousse
- 400g Haigh’s Dark Ginger Block (chopped)
- 250g cream
- 250g milk
- 1 ½ birds-eye chilli’s
- 3 egg yolks
- 100g sugar
- 3 egg whites
- Add together the cream, milk, and birds-eye chilli’s in a saucepan and bring to a simmer slowly.
- After the simmer, allow the cream mixture to sit for 20 minutes, then strain.
- Re-heat and then pour over the Haigh’s Dark Ginger Block and stir in until smooth.
- Beat the 3 egg yolks and 50gms of the sugar until pale and creamy.
- Whip the 3 egg whites and the remaining 50gms of sugar together until soft peaks are formed.
- Fold the yolks and whites into the Haigh’s Dark Ginger Block mix and refrigerate to set.
Serve in individual ramekins or spoon onto a serving plate and decorate as desired
ServingsMakes 4 - 6 serves
Recipe by: Simon Bryant
Photographer: Randy Larcombe