Rich Chocolate & Macadamia Nougat Ice Cream
- 150g Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Couverture, roughly chopped
- 6 Dark Macadamia Honey Nougat Chocolates chopped
- Biscotti biscuits
- Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Macadamias chopped
- 3 large egg yolks
- 425ml whole milk
- 100g sugar
- 235ml whipping cream
- 5ml vanilla extract
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl until they are light and creamy. Place the milk and sugar in a saucepan and heat until it just starts to boil. Whisk half a cup of the mix into the egg yolks and then pour the egg mixture back into the milk in the saucepan. Whisk constantly over low heat for a few minutes until almost ready to boil. Remove from the heat; add the Dark Chocolate Couverture and stir until melted. Then stir in the cream, vanilla and chopped
- Macadamia Honey Nougat chocolates. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturers’ instructions to churn the ice cream. Remove from the machine and place in the freezer.
- If ice cream maker unavailable, pour into a shallow container and freeze until frozen at edges. Remove from freezer and beat with electric beater.
- Pour back into container and refreeze. Repeat 2 or 3 times.
- To serve, scoop the ice cream into cold bowls and garnish with Biscotti biscuits and chopped Dark Chocolate Macadamias.
Recipe by: Steven McLachlan
Photographer: Randy Larcombe