- 70g egg whites
- 100g caster sugar
- 30g Haigh’s Drinking Chocolate
- 280g Haigh’s 70% Dark Chocolate
- 1 dessertspoon caster sugar
- 180ml cream
- 15g butter
- Preheat oven to 140ºC.
- To make the meringues, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Continue to whisk while gradually adding the sugar. Fold through the drinking chocolate. Pipe, using a star nozzle, into little cones onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cook for about 30 minutes until crisp and dry.
- To make the ganache, mix together the chopped chocolate and sugar in a bowl.
- Place cream into a small saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir to melt it. Add the butter and stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
- Join the meringues together with a little chocolate ganache and serve. Single meringues can be served with ice cream and some of Haigh’s gourmet dark chocolate dessert sauce poured over the top.
ServingsMakes about 60 single meringues
Recipe by: Genevieve Harris
Photographer: Randy Larcombe