- 225g Haigh’s 70% Gourmet Dark Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 50g softened butter
- 6 egg whites
- 65g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
*NB – You will need 6 to 8 ramekins
- Spray the ramekins with canola oil, line with caster sugar
- Tap excess sugar out, leaving a fine layer in the ramekins.
- Finely chop the chocolate and set over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Stir until melted then add the butter.
- Turn off the heat but leave the bowl in place to keep WARM.
- Start beating the egg whites.
- When they are white and just holding their shape, sprinkle in the sugar and continue beating until medium peak, taking care not to over-beat.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and quickly stir in the egg yolks, then a third of the whites.
- Fold in the remaining whites, taking care not to over mix.
- Spoon mix into ramekins until half full.
- Drop a truffle square into the ramekin, and then spoon in the mix until you reach 4/5 of the side of the ramekin.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180’C.
- Place the soufflés in the oven and bake for 16 minutes.
- Transfer the ramekin onto the plate
- Dip a spoon in warm water and spoon an egg-shaped scoop of ice-cream on the plate and serve.
*Haigh’s Hazelnut Truffle Centres
- 170g Haigh’s Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Block (chopped)
- 115ml cream
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico
- Place the chopped Haigh’s Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Block in a metal bowl.
- Bring the cream to a boil and pour over the chocolate.
- Add in Frangelico
- Stir until smooth and shiny.
- Pour into a small container lined with baking paper and refrigerate (if using for soufflé centres, pop in freezer).
- Pop out of container once set.
- Cut into 4cm squares.
ServingsMakes 6 - 8 serves
Recipe by: Simon Bryant
Photographer: Randy Larcombe