Gourmet Chocolate Tiramisu
- 300g Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Couverture
- 100g Haigh’s Milk Coffee Pastilles or Milk Coffee Tablet
- 500ml pouring custard
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 50g icing sugar
- 400ml strong black coffee cooled
- 100ml coffee liqueur (optional)
- 250ml cream, whipped
- 500g Italian sponge cake fingers
- Couverture, grated to serve
- Line an 18cm x 28cm dish with baking paper extending 3cm above edges.
- Melt the dark and milk coffee chocolate together in a large bowl. Warm the custard in a saucepan over a low heat and stir into the melted chocolate until combined and smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk together the mascarpone and icing sugar in a large bowl until combined. Mix together the coffee and coffee liqueur. Gradually beat 2 tablespoons of coffee/liqueur mixture into the mascarpone mixture, then fold through the whipped cream.
- Pour remaining coffee mixture into a shallow bowl and dip each sponge finger into mixture. Layer soaked sponge fingers into prepared dish to cover the bottom. Spread a layer of the mascarpone mixture and then a chocolate custard layer. Repeat with layer of soaked sponge fingers then chocolate custard mixture finishing with remaining mascarpone. Chill until required.
- To serve, cut into squares and sprinkle with grated chocolate on the top.
Photographer: Randy Larcombe