Chocolate Peppermint & Coconut Slice
- 4 x 60g individual Haigh’s Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 375g desiccated coconut
- 190g caster sugar
- 190g unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 50g fresh mint, chopped
- 2 x 100g Haigh’s Milk Peppermint Chocolate Tablets
- Preheat oven to 170ºC.
- Break up the cookies, place into a food processor and process to a fine crumb. Blend with the melted butter and press into a 20cm x 20cm cake tin lined with baking paper.
- Mix together the coconut and sugar in a large bowl. Add the butter then the eggs and lastly the mint and mix until combined. Pour the mix on top of the biscuit base and bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden and textured. Allow to cool. Break peppermint chocolate into pieces and melt gently in either a microwave or a bowl over simmering water.
- Cover the top of the slice with a layer of the melted Haigh’s Milk Peppermint Chocolate. Using a fork, make a swirl pattern in the chocolate and using a knife mark out the lines where the slice will be cut. Put in the refrigerator to set and then cut along the knife lines.
ServingsMakes about 25 pieces
Recipe by: Chris Smith
Photographer: Randy Larcombe