- 200g egg whites, about 6 eggs
- 400g icing sugar
- 50g Haigh’s Drinking Chocolate
- 225g blanched almond meal
- 100g Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Couverture
- 80ml full cream milk
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Whip egg whites until very firm. Sift together the icing sugar and drinking chocolate and fold into the egg whites with the almond meal. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a piping bag and small nozzle, pipe the mix into small circles 2cm wide. Set the trays aside for 20 minutes until the macarons form a crust.
- Place into the preheated oven, then once inside, turn it down to 130ºC and cook for 25 minutes or until crispy. Allow to cool.
- Gently melt the dark chocolate and milk in a small saucepan over a low heat. Allow to cool and set soft. Spread a little onto the bottom of one macaron and sandwich together with another.
ServingsMakes about 25
Recipe by: Chris Smith
Photographer: Randy Larcombe