Chocolate Honeycomb Muffins
- 180g Haigh’s Honeycomb Block (chopped chunky)
- 100g Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Couverture
- 500g sugar
- 250g butter
- 4 eggs
- 750g flour
- 80g corn flour
- 40g baking powder
- 65g cocoa powder
- 580ml milk
- Beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk and the Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Couverture over boiling water in a metal bowl, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted. Set aside but keep warm.
- Sift the flour, corn flour, baking powder and cocoa together.
- Once the sugar and butter is whipped, add in the eggs – one at a time – until combined.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and mix through the milk and chocolate (if the mix starts to separate, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add some of the flour mix – this will bring it back together).
- Fold through the dry ingredients and then add the chunks of Haigh’s Honeycomb Block.
- Place in desired pre-greased moulds and line with muffin cups or baking paper. Bake at 180ºC for 15-20 minutes or until bouncy to touch, or when a wooden skewer is inserted and it comes out dry.
ServingsMakes 4 - 6 muffins
Recipe by: Simon Bryant
Photographer: Randy Larcombe