Chocolate, Honey & Hazelnut Pudding
- 6 x 1 cup ceramic soufflé dishes
- Melted butter and caster sugar for soufflé dishes
- 45g plain flour
- 70g pure icing sugar
- 50g hazelnut meal
- 140g unsalted butter
- 100g Haigh’s Premium Dark Chocolate Tablet
- 80g honey
- 100g egg whites
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- To prepare soufflé dishes, brush the melted butter onto the sides and bottom of the dishes then coat with caster sugar.
- Sift flour and icing sugar into a large mixing bowl. Add the hazelnut meal. Put chocolate into a bowl and place over a saucepan of just simmering water to gently melt it.
- Once melted set aside and keep warm.
- Melt butter over a medium heat and continue to cook until butter is golden brown. Strain through a fine sieve, set aside and keep warm. In a small saucepan gently warm the honey and set aside.
- Add melted chocolate, brown butter and honey to the dry mix and stir well to combine.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff. Gently fold a small amount of the egg whites into pudding mix to lighten it. Fold in the remaining egg whites. Carefully spoon mix into prepared moulds.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until pudding rises and is set across the top. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with vanilla, honey or chocolate ice cream.
ServingsMakes 6 puddings
Recipe by: Genevieve Harris
Photographer: Randy Larcombe