Chocolate Coffee Sabayon
- 50g Haigh’s Coffee Pastilles
- 100g Haigh’s Chocolate Caramel Fudge (chopped)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 50g caster sugar
- 50ml lightly whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- *NB – You will need 4 to 5 Martini Glasses
- Place Haigh’s Coffee pastilles in a metal bowl and set over a pot of barely simmering water, stirring often until melted. Keep warm.
- Whip the cream until a soft peak and set aside.
- To make the sabayon, place the egg yolks and egg into a metal bowl with 1 tablespoon of Kahlua and sugar and whisk over simmering water until light and foamy (should be about 50 – 60ºC to touch).
- Fold warm chocolate into the sabayon mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, fold in the whipped cream.
- Divide the mixture into the martini glasses, drizzle remaining Kahlua over and garnish with chopped fudge pieces.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
ServingsMakes 4 - 6 serves
Recipe by: Simon Bryant
Photographer: Randy Larcombe