Lemon Truffle Cup Cakes
August 8, 2013
Here’s a deliciously different way to enjoy our Lemon Truffles
Lemon Truffles are one of the most popular truffles in our range. After all who can resist a deliciously smooth tangy lemon centre generously hand dipped in creamy white chocolate.
This delectable cup cake recipe, created by Lee Agostino from our Adelaide Arcade store, uses our Lemon Truffle as ingredient making this very special treat for morning or afternoon tea.
This recipe makes approximately eight medium sized cakes.
For the cakes:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degree F
- Place 8 large patty pan cases in ungreased muffin tin
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy
- Gradually beat in eggs one at time adding a tablespoon of flour with each
- Gently fold in rest of the flour with a metal spoon
- Melt 6 truffles in the microwave on medium for about 1 minute and add to the mixture with lemon juice and lemon zest. Mixture should be dropping consistency
- Fill paper patty pan cases to ¾ full
- Bake in the centre of the oven 20 to 25 minutes or until well risen and golden
- Cool and top with lemon butter icing
- Cut remaining truffles in half and place on icing cut size down
For the icing:
- Cream the butter with a wooden spoon until soft
- Gradually beat in the icing sugar with the lemon juice.