Delicious Winter Recipe
August 14, 2013
Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
This chocolate pudding is classic winter comfort food. Rich and delicious on a cold evening served with cream or ice cream. Quick and easy to prepare.
- 100g Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Couverture
- 50g butter, chopped
- ½ cup of milk
- ¾ cup self raising flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Combine chocolate, butter and milk in a medium heatproof bowl and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Combine flour, ¼ cup brown sugar and half of the cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
- Stir in chocolate mixture then pour mixture into a 6 cup capacity heatproof bowl or dish.
- Combine the remaining brown sugar and the remaining cocoa in a small bowl and sprinkle over pudding mixture.
- Carefully pour the water (over the back of the spoon) over the topping.
- Microwave uncovered on medium for 5 minutes.
- Remove and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Serve puddings dusted with whipped cream and grated chocolate on top.